16 December 2008

No Serious Person...

As much as religious people most often show a fundamental lack of understanding of where their gay counterparts are coming from, people often show a fundamental lack of understanding of religious people's views regarding their own sacred institutions and the role of sexuality, as evidenced on page 3 (online) of a recent Newsweek article:

"If we are all God's children, made in his likeness and image, then to deny access to any sacrament based on sexuality is exactly the same thing as denying it based on skin color—and no serious (or even semiserious) person would argue that."

Really? You sure about that?

I could write so much more on this. Another time. I don't have the energy or desire right now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would love if you took the time to argue it. Did you find the whole article off-base, or just that line?

I'm seriously trying to understand the LDS viewpoint that is against gay marriage, and every argument I hear is based in ignorance regarding the nature of homosexuality.

I'm seriously struggling, and seriously considering resigning my membership. Perhaps you can enlighten me and calm my judgments...

Bravone said...

Good catch.