28 July 2009

Soy Absolved?

A nutrition blog I sometimes read has alerted me to the fact that a new review seems to indicate prior warnings against the effects of soy on testosterone in men might have been overblown. Go fig.

Mom, rest easy knowing the years of soy formula you gave me might not have made me into a raging homo. ...although I'm not clear on how many of these studies reviewed used infants or toddlers as subjects, and as this editorial argues, endocrine disruptors in utero and in infancy may have marked effects (e.g. the intersex fish found in the Potomac and increasing incidence of genital deformities among newborn males, supposedly linked to certain chemicals), so maybe you should hang on to guilt about making me this way, just in case I need to use it to my advantage someday... *wink*

4 comments:

Abelard Enigma said...

rest easy knowing the years of soy formula you gave me might not have made me into a raging homo

Dang! I guess I'll have to go back to having 2 older brothers made me gay. Or, maybe it's because my dad never bought me a baseball mitt and glove.

Bravone said...

I thought it was your dad's fault.

blj1224 said...

I'm sure your mom isn't losing any sleep over it.

Clint said...

Well, I believe I've made my stance on the issue clear. :-)