02 March 2008

I Am Not a Piece of Meat!

At the gym, it really grosses me out when some random guy looks at me like a piece of meat. Part of me would like to flatter myself by saying this happens often, but if you know me, you know I'm not especially meaty, so it doesnt. But every once in a while, I apparently strike the fancy of some over-sexualized guy, probably with a pedophilic streak, and it makes me want to vomit a little when someone looks at me like they want me to be their loveslave, especially without ever having talked to me. It's so ridiculously sleazy. It's not really that it makes me feel gross about myself or anything. It just doesn't help their chances of me ever wanting to interact with them in any way.

Don't get me wrong, I admire beauty from afar and have occasionally thought, "Oh wow, I'd like to have fun with that," but that's in a more playful, knuckle-biting way, and I would not actually follow through on it. At least, not without dinner and a movie first. *wink* OK, so actually I'm a prude. All talk.

But I'm talking about the "I want to do all kinds of nasty things to you right now and I think you want me to and I don't care what your name is and I have five STDs" look. It's a touch different from flirtatious glances or "I'm interested in you" eye contact. Maybe these predatorish folks just haven't mastered the art of eye contact and body language. Shall I give them the benefit of the doubt? ...Nah! But whatever the reason, ew.

3 comments:

MoHoHawaii said...

Let's talk in twenty years. LOL. Believe me, you'll be nostalgic for the day when you had to beat them off with a stick. Enjoy your youth!

Original Mohomie said...

Ha, well like I said, even if I'm not interested in returning the attention of certain glances, I just acknowledge that someone seems to have found me attractive, and hey, there's no harm in that.

But I'm pretty darn sure I won't ever miss the "wanna share my crabs?" devouring stares (from girls or guys). Ever. Honestly, there's just nothing flattering about that. I mean, generosity is normally good and all, but... :-)

Anonymous said...

NOBODY likes those guys, and those looks.

Don't go to Italy. ;) (Although, in Italy, I enjoyed watching it. I thought it was fun to see such an overt appreciation of beauty. But that's another culture.)

You should see me and my husband making fun of those "you know you want me, I'm so so contagious... I mean sexy" guys. They run relatively rampant in the swing dance scene, moreso in salsa, and over the top in the blues scene.