02 March 2008

The Virtues of Manscaping

It's a beautiful thing, manscaping. Oh, the fresh feeling of being newly fur-free. It's refreshing, really. Leg hairs stop getting pulled by certain pants. Foot hair no longer caught by socks. I'm just going to say it: even the tangles of certain natural, daily activities involving delicate paper can be improved with a little trimming. I know, I know, not a pretty picture, but don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Armpits stink less. Eyebrows remain properly individual. Nose hairs stay neatly tucked away and make breathing freer and nose-blowing more efficient. There are so many benefits, some of which don't really apply to one such as myself.

No wonder I've sold a few of my friends (of various persuasions) on the virtues of manscaping. It might be kind of a "metro" thing to do, but come on, guys, girls have been doing more than this to a greater extent, and you've probably barely recognized the attention to detail it has required. Is it really too much to ask to keep your body forest a little trimmed and groomed?

There are also purely social reasons, aside from the personal benefits. I mean, some girls (and gay guys) like burly men who barely have the need for clothes, but I'd venture a guess that most girls (and gay guys) appreciate a little deforestation. Just not so much that your legs are smoother than theirs. That's just not right.

So give it a chance. Don't be ashamed. If you need motivational help, see this web site.

7 comments:

chedner said...

... wait... apples and bananas??

[concerned look]

Anonymous said...

Truth be told, I love guys to be smooth, smoother than me. But, that's not hard to do given my wookie heritage and hormone imbalances. I absolutely loathe shaving myself, and truly appreciate when guys go through the effort.

However, I don't appreciate people that visibly cringe at the sight of hair, on men or women. To many personal memories and issues on that one...

Unknown said...

Hair-free is the way to be!

One of So Many said...

That link was so damn funny. I think I may have to buy that product.

Post-It Boy said...

I actually LIKE my manly hair. Sure, I don't have a lot naturally. But I don't want to look like a 10 year old version of myself when I'm about to turn... ummm... 23.

Okay, I'm going to be 26. I just pretend I'm not over the edge of turning 30.

I DO trim. Its important. Especially, the eyebrows. I am an expert eyebrow trimmer. If not, then with my genetics I could resemble an extra on 10,000BC.

l'écureuil said...

I'm all about "manscaping"!!! Been doing it for years, and I believe it's more hygenic and just better.

Max Power said...

I saw these at target several months ago, and was curious. Now that I saw the website, I decided to go buy one. I feel sexy now.