05 December 2010

Christmas Carols

I've added a few of my favorite Christmas carols or Christmastime songs, with a secular bent, below.  There are others I'd add if Playlist.com had them available, including more religious ones, like Sarah McLachlan's or Sissel's In the Bleak Midwinter, or Amy Grant's Grown-up Christmas List or The Night Before Christmas.  I still can't help but love the beauty of certain more strictly religious Christmas carols, too, like certain performances of O Holy Night and Angels from the Realms of Glory, and maybe even Joy to the World or What Child is This?, etc.  My favorite Christmas albums include those by Sarah McLachlan, Diana Krall, Harry Connick, Jr, Sissel w/the Mo-Tab, Amy Grant, Johnny Mathis collection...ah, heck, there are several, but those first four are my current faves.  The ones that make me all nostalgic and bring back the childlike magic of Christmas, though, are the ones I remember hearing as a kid, and in my home, I think those were mostly the old crooners and a few cheesy duets and such.  Good times.

No comments: